Hello, we are Rick and B. Ann Lattin, proud owners of Lattin Farms. We've had the privilege of growing crops for our neighbors and community since 1977. Our family has been farming the Lahontan Valley for five generations.
In the 1860s, Lattin Farms, now on the corner of McLean and Sheckler Roads, actually sat on the south fork of the Carson River. In fact, the river ran within 100 yards southwest of where the Old-Fashioned Roadside Produce Stand now sits. George W. and Sarah (Van Patten) Lattin came from South Dakota to Nevada around 1909. After returning from WWII, two of George's grandsons, Bill and Richard (Dick) bought the 240 acres that sit adjacent to their father's land down Sheckler Road. Bill's son, Rick, and his wife, B. Ann (Crook) Lattin moved onto the Farm in 1977 and continue its operation today.
Since 1977, the family has pioneered the production of red raspberries in Nevada. Surprisingly, the long hot summer days and cool, high-altitude nights allow the full flavor of fruits like berries and melons to thrive. Such conditions have made the Fallon area regionally famous for the Hearts of Gold Cantaloupe, which has an unparalleled sweetness.
Lattin Farms has been selling produce since the mid-50s and the Old-Fashioned Roadside Produce Stand has been in operation since 1989. Locals as well as hundreds of out-of-town visitors anticipate it’s opening every year.
Our hope is that visitors of Lattin Farms will reconnect with the earth and learn a little about the importance of agriculture and how their food is grown.